Sunday, May 2, 2010

Transformers

This is the cake I was working on that consumed my time instead of me working on my son's cake (see How to Train a Dragon). This cake had it's limits because it was made for a young boy in mind. He has severe allergies to dairy, eggs and nuts. I wanted to make sure this young man had a cake last year, his mother asked me this year to make another, I was only happy to oblige. My sister got an edible printing printer for Christmas (sorry not sure what the real name is you get my term) and we tried it out for this cake. Bumble Bee is just a toy from the store. Of course in my true style I wrote crooked, I was running late on time and didn't have time to find my stencil set letters to make it look more decent. Oh well.

Recipe:
Egg-Free Dairy-Free Nut-Free Cake
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons vegetable oil (I sub out with applesauce, I hate using oil in cakes now)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold water
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 8x8 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well with a fork, then stir in oil, vinegar and vanilla extract. When dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened pour in cold water and stir until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.

This recipe was found on http://www.allrecipes.com/ and was posted by Bridget Brooke-meer

Tasted pretty good, I have just found that when I cook with out eggs the cakes are more dense.

No comments:

Post a Comment